Wednesday, May 28, 2014

ShowroomConsignment.com, SHO-CON SOLD!





Feeling kinda bittersweet, although it's all a good thing.

ShowroomConsignment.com went live 1/2013.  Sho-Con opened doors during SFDesign Week and today we are delighted to say all that we can: Investors have taken on the next step of SC.Com and we are out of this building as of 6/15 by agreement, but plan on closing doors next week.
I think the journey is the Goal: so here is a brief photo-journal of the journey:


These first run images are not reflective of the lovely lady and business that was here and is now in The Galleria, but about the process of the work and where we started.

December 23, 2013------ High Hopes!  Worse Case, Sell Product, consider it advertising $$$.



We are an internet company, need speed.  Best we could get!  Started working at second showroom more often.


      







January 6th, keys found for me.  Space clean and ready.  Thanks Inja!

                  

January 15.  Painted a Swan Taupe and saturated blue for the bathroom.  Love the empty space. And what potential!


        

 DAY ONE:  Signs up, cards made, brochures, staff, furnishings in place and coming in weekly as I worked into the early eve and found my car had been towed by Landlord. 
Ironically, my spot was given to someone else and there were no signs placed.  This would have been fine, but for those who enjoy laughing at me (it's cool), the company was across the city, closed and charged 100.00 to stay open, and the cab driver (25.00) didn't believe me when I told him where the tow shop was.  The new (to me) car was towed backwards, and dropped on it's front.  Grill cracked, tailpipe cracked, 2500.00 and no one would be accountable.  $450.00 to bail broken car out.   OK. No problem...



 We had no garbage cans or facility, or pick-up established.  We tried.  We hired Recology, but couldn't haul the cans in and out of the stores as there is NO ramp, 8 stairs, and heavy.  So we put them on display. 



Considering ourselves "problem solvers", we inquired, and were told to put the cans here.




BUT, Recology said, you should build a box for them so you have a place to put them.... 6 months later, a plywood locked storage went up.  No service, but a locked plywood storage. I drove by last night and the homeless are now sleeping at Designs Within Reach, there security will probably move them North.  Regardless, for 6 months we hired Hauler! 
Fabulous guys who would haul out refuse legally.
We weren't comfortable taking our garbage to other dumpsters. 
   
I was in Sacramento when we were burglarized.  Funny thing, they came through the warehouse, not my front door.  They left through my door and the alarm went off.  Police came, nothing missing.  No harm, no foul.

I purchase LED sensor lights and feel a little better about security at the entrance and try to remember to drive my car closer to the doors at night.  Problem Solved.
THEN:.  My rear car window was smashed and hubbies brand new computer stolen from car while at work.  MY bad. 

THEN:  I complain to landlord.  I'm out of here.  The timing couldn't be better.  Truly, I know being rabid is a waste of my time, but I said I would give myself 24 hours to vent and be angry and let it go.  If you read this blog when posted, you will see the 24 hour passed, and I made a few modifications to this blog. 

THEN:  Great things happened.  Sold site, sold merchandise, hit a million, 18 vendors, 12 showrooms, learned to write HTML, found VC interest.  Why would anyone go brick and mortar in the day of mobile devices? 

More Great Things:
Sold ALL of the America's Cup Furniture, saved name and reputation.  Made a lot of new friends. Found a need, a problem and a way to solve it. Learned great lessons shared here, and Sho-Con is now www.showroomconsignment.com until the sight is made glossier and more global.  And Sho-Con has brought Contract and Hospitality to Khrome Contract; where we have a BIG new project, a lot of fun, and a wonderful landlord.  


                         
                              STILL SOME PRODUCT ON FLOOR.                               6 MORE DAYS...







No comments:

Post a Comment